Online Speech Therapy with SLP-tele
SLP-tele partners with your medical group/IPA/school to provide pediatric tele-speech online services. Our licensed Speech Language Pathologists work face-to-face with children and adults of all ages via our HIPPA compliant online system. Secure, live, and comprehensive, our online sessions include a vast library of therapy activities, tracking tools, and progress monitoring assessments to ensure that every patient is growing as expected. Our online system also provides access to video recorded sessions which can be used for practice at later times at the convenience of patients and their families.
- A call once we have received your authorization form from your doctor/medical group.
- We will share additional information about tele-speech with you and conduct a pre-screening over the phone.
- We will go over the session requirements. We discuss preferred appointment times and language preferences (Spanish-speaking therapists are available).
- We will help you create your account in our online system.
- You will receive a link for a practice session to make sure you are comfortable with the services.
- The assigned therapist will deliver the required sessions on a weekly basis and request for more sessions if needed.
- You will receive reminders for your appointment times via text and phone calls.
If you are wondering what the benefits of SLP-tele services are, then consider the following:
- Better outcomes: Online therapy helps children better absorb the lessons and skills being taught to them.
- Improved compliance and participation: Better scheduling options means families can take advantage of these services.
- Kids love it: Children love tech and the online world. Online therapy is a more enjoyable experience where they can participate in fun, game-based activities.
- Parents are happier: Parents love to see the progress being made and all the fun their children are having.
- Better communication and reporting: The online system allows for quicker and easier communication between patients and therapists.
- Clients should first visit a doctor who can help to identify and diagnose the problem.
- Check with your insurance health plan to see if tele-speech services are covered. Some insurers may not be familiar with tele-practice and may ask for additional information.
- Documents will be provided to the client including consent forms and information regarding tele-practice services.
- If services are not covered by insurance, payments can be made in cash.
- Does the child/client have any hearing, visual, or physical limitations that will interfere with their ability to use a computer?
- Does the child/client have difficulty following instructions?
- Does the child/client have the ability to sit in front of the computer for 30-60 min?
- Does the child/client have access to a computer, desktop, laptop, or iPad?
- Does the child/client have access to a high-speed internet connection?
- Does the child/client have access to a quiet, well-lit room without distractions?
SLP-tele is set apart because we offer one-on-one live, online speech therapy services for clinic-based populations from the comfort and privacy of your own home. In addition, we will bill your insurance after your visit.